The online Child Care Level 4 Course from Oplex Careers aims to provide a stronger insight into child care and working in this field, and more.
Child Care Level 4 Course
The online Child Care Level 4 Course will discuss child care in a deeper context such as key concepts surrounding child care, understanding early child education and more. Whether you are working in child care already, you want to get started working in the field, looking for more training, or just interested in this field of study, this course will cover a range of modules and provide multiple examples for assessment.
The Child Care Level 4 Course is split into the following modules:
- Introduction to child care and education
- Enabling children to learn
- Physical activity and nutrition
- Supporting children to improve their emotional development, mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and disability
- Importance of observations, assessments, and planning
- Social and emotional development
- Factors influencing the development process
- Stages of language development
- Final Assessment
• Understand the social, physical, and cognitive benefits of early years education.
• Learn about how diversity can be celebrated both at home and in nursery, and the benefits that this can have for children.
• Understand how to improve a child’s language and communication skills, and why this is necessary to support their learning.
• Look at the key concepts and principles surrounding childcare and development, including the Leuven scale, and understand how to apply them.
• Understand how and why the emotional environment that a child is in is imperative to their wellbeing and development.
• Understand the importance of both indoor and outdoor environments for a child when it comes to their development.
• To learn about the importance of exercise for children and how this can aid multiple types of development, though primarily physical.
• Understand how practitioners and caregivers can make exercise fun to increase the likelihood of a child enjoying it and continuing on with it as they develop.
• To look at how nutrition should be paired with exercise to keep a child fit and healthy.
• Outline the stages and milestones that children should be reaching in their emotional development in early years.
• Understand how transitions can affect the emotional wellbeing of a child.
• Look at some statistics regarding mental health in children, and learn about how practitioners can support those who are showing signs of mental anguish.
• To learn about how practitioners and caregivers can support equality, and create inclusive environments for children to thrive in.
• Understand how children with additional needs can be supported both in facilities and at home.
• Understand how different family structures can affect a child’s development, and what practitioners can do to help with this.
• Understand how observations and assessments can be carried out effectively, and how and why they should be used to inform future planning.
• To learn how children should be supported by key people in their life during the transition from nursery to school.
• Understand where third party support can be found should caregivers and practitioners need it.
• To understand the general stages of social development and attachment, and use these to measure a child’s social and emotional progress.
• Learn the different types of attachment types in relation to caregivers.
• Understand some of the external factors that affect social and emotional development, as well as the nurture vs nature argument.
• Understand cognitive development and the different stages involved in this during early years.
• Look at different cognitive processes and how they present themselves in young children.
• Understand some of the problematic influences on cognitive development and the issues that can arise as a result of these.
• Learn about specific types of language development, including phonological and morpho-syntactic.
• Understand the stages of communication, and what children of each age range should be able to engage in.
• Learn about why communication is so important, and what can happen if children do not acquire these skills.
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Child Care Level 4 Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
On successful completion of this Child Care Level 4 Course. This certificate will be produced in PDF format, hard copies of the certificate will be available at an additional fee of £9.99.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Child Care Level 4 Course.
The online Child Care Level 4 Course requires 30 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Child Care Level 4 Course you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
Our Child Care Level 4 Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Child Care Level 4 Course to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be awarded with an Accredited CPD Certificate.
Here at Oplex Careers we are an accredited CPD training provider and your certificate will include the recognised CPD stamp from The CPD Certification Service.
The Certificate of Achievement will provide proof that you have studied the course and will contain your grade and classification level. You can use the certificate from us as part of your portfolio of evidence and use it to attend job or academic interviews.
What is CPD?
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. CPD is a commitment to lifelong learning, a skill that is invaluable to all people in society. Employers from both the public and private sectors, as well as academic intuitions across the UK and internationally recognise Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
CPD is a great way for individuals to gain new skills, improve their job prospects, gain greater job satisfaction and also help to secure a promotion.
The courses available through Oplex Careers conform to the universally accepted CPD quality mark and standards of recording, reflecting, tracking, planning and reviewing.
Benefits of CPD
Regardless of where you are in your career, undertaking an Oplex Careers CPD course can help you;
- Enhance your employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Track prior learning
- Show you are up-to-date with the requirements of your job
- Contribute to your CV
- Lead to further education
- Demonstrate your commitment and value within your organisation
- Prepare you for promotion
When you finish with the course your certificate will contain the recognised CPD mark from Oplex Careers.
Upon successful completion of the final assessment test, certificates for the course will be produced within 1-3 working days.
This course contains a combination of online testing to assess learners’ ability and understanding of the course.
The testing for this course is comprised of:
- End of Module Multiple Choice Test
- Final Interactive Assessment Test
End of Module Test
At the end of each module within the course, learners will be asked to complete a series of short multiple choice tests. This is done to assess the learner’s ability and knowledge of the topics covered within the course. The results of these end of module test are instantaneous, so learners can track their grades as they progress through the course.
The results from the End of Module Multiple Choice Tests will not be weighted towards the final grade of the course. The end of module test provide reflective learning for student to understand and prepare for the type of questions contained within the final assessment.
Final Assessment Test
The final assessment test is an online interactive examination containing 50 questions to be completed within a 60 minute time frame. The final assessment will contain questions from all modules and topics covered within the course. Prior to taking the final assessment learners have the ability to take a mock simulation test, to understand the question styles and format of the final assessment before taking the real test.
The results from the final assessment test will count 100% towards the final grade for the course. The results are instantaneous so learners will be informed straight away as to how they have performed on the assessment.
If learners are unsuccessful in the first attempt at the final assessment test, learners can retake the final assessment test an unlimited number of times until a pass grade or higher is achieved. This course comes with a complete exam pass guarantee. Learners can take the test an unlimited number of times until they pass, which is included in the price of the course.
Upon successful completion of the final assessment test, certificates for the course will be produced within 1-3 working days.
This course comes with an unlimited number of exam retakes. If for any reason you do not pass your final exam first time around, you can keep taking the course until you pass.
Below you will find some common questions that previous students have asked us prior to joining the course.
Can I order more than one course?
Yes. You can order as many courses as you like. You can purchase 1, 2 or even 10 courses. It’s entirely up to you.
Can I order the course for someone else?
Yes. You can order the course for a family member, friend, work colleague, staff members and more. When placing your order, just send us an email to inform us that the course is for someone else and we will create an account for them.
Are there any additional or monthly costs?
No. The course price you see listed is the only cost you have to pay to study the course. There are no hidden fees, no monthly payments or anything like that.
When you finish the course, you will be awarded with a PDF certificate of achievement which you can print out yourself. Or if you require us to print the certificate on hard copy, you can pay an optional £9.99.
Other than that, there are no additional costs or fees whatsoever.
What if I don’t pass first time?
We have our exam pass guarantee in place. You will be allowed to retake the final assessment as many times as you require until you pass the course. There is no additional charge to retake the test.
What do I get at the end of the course?
Once you’ve finished the course you will be awarded with your certificate. We’ll dispatch this within 1-3 working days of you completing your course.
How do I enrol?
Just click the ‘Buy Now’ button above, which will add the course in your shopping cart, from here proceed with the checkout and enter your payment details. You can pay securely using PayPal or a Debit/Credit card.
Once we have confirmed your enrolment, we will send you access to your course straight away so you can enjoy our learning.
Can I study if I live outside the UK?
Yes. With Oplex Careers you will receive access to your online training course, meaning that you can study from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection. We have students taking our courses in over 50 countries worldwide.
When does this course start?
Oplex Careers is not like a traditional college or learning institution where set dates for enrolment exist, we provide online training courses that are completely flexible. With our online training courses you can enrol and start your course today. You have complete control over your own learning.
Do I need to come to a training venue?
All the courses available at Oplex Careers are studied online, so you do not need to attend any training venue or classes.
When will I receive my course?
You will receive instant access to your online training course once you have successfully completed the checkout and we confirm your enrolment. We send your login details for the course, along with a receipt for your payment to the email address used at checkout. Please make sure you therefore use the correct email address at checkout.
Will I have a tutor?
Yes. If you need any help or support when studying the course just email the tutor support team and they will help answer any questions you may have.
Do I receive a certificate?
Once you have finished the course you will receive a certificate to showcase your new skills and qualifications. This certificate will be sent to you via email in PDF format once you have completed the course. Hard copies of certificates are available for an additional £9.99.
Are there any deadlines?
At Oplex Careers our courses are online and can be studied your own pace, without any strict deadlines for completion throughout the duration of your course. You have 12 months access for the course, so you have ample time to complete the course.
If you don’t finish the course within 12 months, you can also email us for an extension on your course.
Do I need any previous experience or qualifications before I join a course?
Most of the courses available here at Oplex Careers require little or no previous knowledge prior to enrolling.
How long do I have access to my course?
You will have access to a course for 12 months from the date of joining. Should you need to extend your course after such time, just contact student support services.
Is the course recognised?
Yes. Our courses are accredited through the CPD Certification Service. CPD is recognised nationally across the United Kingdom and internationally around the world, thus the CPD Award should be recognised by academic institutions, public organisations and private companies. Your certificate will contain the universally recognised CPD Certification Service logo.
Can I cancel or refund my course?
Yes. We offer the Oplex Careers 14 days peace of mind guarantee. As long as you haven’t logged into the course, you can get a full no questions asked refund within the first 14 days after ordering.
I have another question about the course, how can I contact you?
Please use the live chat or contact us should you have a specific question which is not answered here.
If you would like more information about the course then please feel free to use the enquiry form below: