The online Reflexology Course will provide learners with a strong insight and understanding into the intriguing field of complementary therapies. This course will discuss the key skills and knowledge related to reflexology ethics, techniques, teaching relaxation, working with clients and more. This course will provide a great insight into this field of study with the use of practical examples throughout the course. Whether working in this field already, you want to get started working in within the field of complementary therapies, or just interested in this field of study, this course will cover a range of modules and provide multiple examples for assessment.
The Reflexology Course is split into the following modules:
- Introducing Reflexology
• A Brief Historical Overview
• Reflexology in a Nutshell
• Human Touch
• The Makings of a Profound Healer
- Meridians and Chi
• Universal Energies
• The Vital Energy of Life
• Negative Thoughts
• The Main Meridians and the Meridian Cycle
• A Closer Look at the Main Meridians
- Human Anatomy
• Human Anatomy Introduced
• Cell Content and Functions
• Collections of Specialised Cells, or Tissues
o Muscular Tissue
o Connective Tissue
• The Skeleton
• The Growth of Bones
• Bone Structures
• Bone Joints
• Typical Skeletal Disorders
- Anatomy of the Muscles and the Central Nervous System (CNS)
• Anatomy of the Muscles
• Muscular Fibres
• Head and Neck Muscles
• Trunk Muscles
• Arm Muscles
• Leg Muscles
• Typical Muscle Diseases and Conditions
• Composition of the Central Nervous System
• The Human Brain
• The Two Cerebral Hemispheres
• The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
• The Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)
• Typical CNS Disorders
- The Endocrine System and the Digestive System
• Composition of the Endocrine System
• Introducing Nutrition
• Digestive Organs
• Basal Metabolism
• Carbohydrate Metabolism
- The Respiratory System and the Circulatory System
• Introducing the Respiratory System
• The Lungs
• Respiration Mechanisms
• Common Respiratory System Disorders
• Introducing the Circulatory System
• Blood Groups
• The Heart’s Structure
• Blood Circulation
• Common Circulatory and Heart Diseases
- The Lymphatic, Urinary, and Reproductive Systems
• Introducing the Lymphatic System
• The Composition of the Lymphatic System
• Introducing the Urinary System
• The Urination Process
• Typical Urinary System Disorders
• Reproductive Systems
• The Female System
• The Menstrual Cycle
• The Mammary Glands
• The Male System
• Typical Reproductive Disorders
- Stress, Health, and Diet
• Defining Stress
• The Effects of Stress
• Stress Management
• Introduction to Health and Diet
• Good Health
• Diets of the Past
• Modern Diets
• The Ideal Diet
- The Various Bodies, Chakras, and Energy Sites
• Introducing the Many Bodies
• The Subtle Body’s Seven Layers
• The Chakra System’s Structure
• The Chakra Locations
• Chakras and their Functions
• Chakras and Psychodynamic Functions
• Introducing the Body’s Energy Zones
o Transverse Energy Zones
• Reflexes and their Locations
- Meeting the Client and Promoting Relaxation
• First Contact
• The Importance of Case Histories
• The Location of Treatment
• Clothing and Demeanour
• Initiating the Treatment
• Relaxation through Reflexes
• Further Particulars
- Reflexology Techniques
• Reflexology Techniques
• Basic Techniques of Holding
• Thumb Techniques
• Index Finger Techniques
• Hooking Techniques
• Reflex Rotations
• Reflexology Massage
• Possible Problems and Precautions
- Reflexology and the Reflexes
• Reflexology on the Toes
• The Large Toe
• Reflexes of the Sinuses, Ears, and Eyes
• Reflexology for Headaches
• The Reflexes
- The Results of Healing and Potential Conditions
• The Healing Process
• Typical Client Responses
• Main Conditions and their Treatments
- Starting a Practice and Reflexology Ethics
• The Logistics of Business
• Assessing the Self
• Skills and Abilities
• Business Opportunity Assessment
• Setting up the Practice
• Location of Therapy
• Necessary Equipment
• Finding Clients
• Treatment Itself
• Ethics of Reflexology
- Final Assessment
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Reflexology Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
On successful completion of this Reflexology Course. This certificate will be produced in PDF format, hard copies of the certificate will be available at an additional fee of £9.99.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Reflexology Course.
The online Reflexology Course requires 70 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Reflexology Course you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
Our Reflexology Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Reflexology Course to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move.
On successful completion of this course learners will be awarded with:
Level 3 CPD Award in Reflexology
Upon completion of the course learners will be awarded with the Oplex Careers CPD certificate. The Certificate of Achievement will provide proof that you have studied the course and will contain your grade and classification level. You can use the certificate from us as part of your portfolio of evidence and use it to attend job or academic interviews.
What is CPD?
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. CPD is a commitment to lifelong learning, a skill that is invaluable to all people in society. Employers from both the public and private sectors, as well as academic intuitions across the UK and internationally recognise Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
CPD is a great way for individuals to gain new skills, improve their job prospects, gain greater job satisfaction and also help to secure a promotion.
The courses available through Oplex Careers conform to the universally accepted CPD quality mark and standards of recording, reflecting, tracking, planning and reviewing.
Benefits of CPD
Regardless of where you are in your career, undertaking an Oplex Careers CPD course can help you;
- Enhance your employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Track prior learning
- Show you are up-to-date with the requirements of your job
- Contribute to your CV
- Lead to further education
- Demonstrate your commitment and value within your organisation
- Prepare you for promotion
When you finish with the course your certificate will contain the recognised CPD mark from Oplex Careers.
Below you will find some common questions that previous students have asked us prior to joining the course.
- How do I enrol?
Just click the ‘Add to Cart’ button above, which will add the course in your shopping cart, from here proceed with the checkout and enter your payment details. Once your payment has successfully gone through, you will receive instant access to your online course. We will email you your course details and invoice straight away to the email address you use at sign up.
- Can I study if I live outside the UK?
Yes. With Oplex Careers you will receive instant access to your online training course, meaning that you can study from anywhere in the world, as you have an internet connection. We have students taking our courses in over 50 countries worldwide.
- Can I buy the course for someone else?
Yes. You can purchase the course for someone else, whether it is a family member or friend. Just be sure to inform us after checkout so we can update the course details accordingly.
- When does this course start?
Oplex Careers is not like a traditional college or learning institution where set dates for enrolment exist, we provide online training courses that are completely flexible. With our online training courses you can enrol and start your course at any time. You have complete control over your own learning.
- Do I need to come to a training venue?
All the courses available at Oplex Careers are studied online, so you do not need to attend any training venue or classes.
- When will I receive my course?
You will receive instant access to your online training course once you have successfully completed the checkout. We send your login details for the course, along with a receipt for your payment straight away to the email address used at checkout. Please make sure you therefore use the correct email address at checkout.
- Will I have a tutor?
Generally speaking, the majority of courses provided by Oplex Careers come with 100% dedicated tutor support. If you need any help or get stuck whilst you are studying the course, you can simply contact your course tutor via email who will be able to provide you with support.
- What should I do if I need help?
If you need help on the course just email our tutor support team who will be able to guide and help you with whatever problem you are facing. When you receive your online training course from Oplex Careers you will be sent details on how to contact the tutor support services.
- Do I receive a certificate?
Generally speaking, once you have finished the course you will receive a certificate to showcase your new skills and qualifications. The specific level and award of the certificate will depend on which course you are studying, please see the individual course page for more details. This certificate will be sent to you via email in PDF format once you have completed the course. Hard copies of certificates are available for an additional £9.99.
- How long does it take to get a certificate?
Certificates generally take between 1-3 working days to be produced, but can be longer during busy periods. This certificate will be sent to you via email in PDF format once you have completed the course. Hard copies of certificates are available for an additional £9.99.
- Are there any deadlines?
At Oplex Careers our courses are online and can be studied your own pace, without any strict deadlines for completion throughout the duration of your course subscription.
- Do I need any previous experience or qualifications before I join a course?
Most of the courses available here at Oplex Careers require little or no previous knowledge prior to enrolling. Our courses are ideal for beginners and those interested in the subject.
- Is there an age requirement to join the course?
There is no age requirement to join the online training courses here at Oplex Careers. Assuming that you can keep up with the learning material and study at your own pace, you shouldn’t have problem learning.
- How long do I have access to my course?
You will have access to a course for 12 months from the date of joining. Should you need to extend your course after such time, just contact you tutor.
- Is the course recognised?
The majority of our courses conform to the universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and code of learning. CPD is recognised nationally across the United Kingdom and internationally around the world, thus the CPD Award should be recognised by academic institutions, public organisations and private companies. Your certificate will contain the Oplex Careers CPD Award.
- I have another question about the course, how can I contact you?
Please use the course enquiry tab to contact us should you have a specific question which is not answered here.
If you would like more information about the Reflexology Course then please feel free to use the enquiry form below: